Animage August 2013: Highlight: InaChro Drama CD – Konno Jun (Hamano Kaiji), Hikida Takashi (Saginuma Osamu), & Satou Kensuke (Sangoku Taichi) interview, no summary
Category Archives: Magazine Articles
Animage April 2013: Highlight: El Dorado 02 Omega – Taniyama Kishou (Alpha), Ise Mariya (Beta), Tai Yuuki (Gamma), Konishi Katsuyuki (Zanark) interview, Kitahara Sayaka (Sorano Aoi) interview w/ summaries
✿ Taniyama and Ise had troubles grasping their characters’ personalities at first. Taniyama kept trying to put emotion into Alpha but was instructed to take it all out. Ise was only told that her character had two personalities, A and B, and the A personality (naive, innocent) was much more difficult for her than the B personality. About Gamma’s “Smart”, the only explanation for its use is that it’s similar to “Roger”. Zanark, on the other hand, didn’t give any particular frustration for Konishi, because he’s just… a lovable idiot.
✿ Ise auditioned for other characters as well but was assigned Beta. Taniyama and Konishi were requested to do their roles.
✿ Tai mourns over how Gamma never got to used Avatar Armed or actually be a team captain.
✿ Omega Attack was really hard to say in sync. They had to retake it a whole bunch of times and they don’t even remember when they finally got it.
Interview to be continued in Prince Animage.
Animage March 2013: Highlight: Sangoku/Amagi – Satou Kensuke (Sangoku Taichi) & Nara Tooru (Amagi Daichi) interview no summary
Prince Animage Winter 2013: Highlight: InaDan Movie – Kimura Akiko (Fei Rune) & Kobayashi Yuu (Kirino Ranmaru) interview, Oda Hisafumi (Kaidou Jin) interview no summary
PASH January 2013: Highlight: Shinsengumi & dinosaurs – no summary
Will also get to summarizing these later~
Animage January 2013: Highlight: InaDan Movie Roman Album – Terasaki Yuka, Oohara Takashi, & Kitahara Sayaka (Tenma, Tsurugi, Aoi) interview, Inazuma Eleven cast comments, Kubota Megumi & Shimono Hiro (Ban & Hiro) interview, Danball Senki cast comments, Miyao Yoshikazu (Director) interview, Mitsuda Yasunori & Kondou Rei (Music) comments, TPK & Little Blue boX comments, New Years greetings no summaries
Summaries saved for after RyRo subs InaDan movie, because there are plenty of spoilers in the comments/interviews~
WARNING! MOVIE SPOILERS AHEAD
Terasaki Yuka, Oohara Takashi, & Kitahara Sayaka (Tenma, Tsurugi, Aoi) interview
Inazuma Eleven cast comments
Kubota Megumi & Shimono Hiro (Ban & Hiro) interview
Danball Senki cast comments
Miyao Yoshikazu (Director) interview
⚡ The beginning of the movie is set to instrumental music instead of a song with lyrics, and the scene starting in the locker room with the soccer players is made to give a feel that “a soccer match is about to start!”
⚡ When Fubuki goes up to Someoka, Someoka says something like “I’ll just take it easy.” It’s his way of saying “Leave it to me” to break the high tension atmosphere in the locker room.
⚡ Fei steps in for Yukimura’s position in the second half of the movie, although with a different uniform number.
⚡ Hakuryuu and Tsurugi as the 2-Top for InaGo side, since Hakuryuu was the main opponent in the previous movie. Director notes that he had to have joined a jr. high school somewhere after God Eden closed up, since the team is an all-star team from the jr. high schools in the nation. Fei isn’t in the team since he isn’t in a jr. high school from their time.
⚡ Fudou’s planned hissatsu was cut out of the movie…(Director says “at least he’s not a bench warmer this time! (lol)”
⚡ A planned scene where Ban and Hiro come to TM Caravan to watch the stars at the top was cut out. There wasn’t enough space for all of them… Hiro would say “I know a good place!” thus leading them to Duck Shuttle.
⚡ When asked why the kids camped outside and not in Duck Shuttle, it was a matter of lack of space, and the fact that the forest itself was already protecting the kids. Since Fran doesn’t touch nature…
⚡ Since both this movie and movie precious both have a lot of scenes taking place in nature, they wanted to make sure things looked different this time. Instead of the “southern island” image that the previous movie had, they went with a location where you could see something similar to the Alps in the distance. God Eden had flowing rivers, but this time there is a lake.
⚡ The adults in Duck Shuttle spent most of their time investigation the surroundings instead of hanging out with the kids (as suspected…), also to give room for Fran to step in and stir up trouble.
⚡ Three of the tents came from the TM Caravan (one for the girls) while the two modern-looking ones came from Duck Shuttle. The setup made the part where Kazu and Ami’s CCMs are found in the Inazuma GO’s tent possible…
⚡ To make up a bit from his chaotic role in the previous movie, Hakuryuu took up a “Someoka”-like role… Such as taking a hit for the team when the adults blew back his Avatar, and instilling suspicions when the Ikaros LBX came into the scene.
⚡ Hakuryuu/Jin’s apology scene: Hakuryuu is a pretty honest kid; as long as he’s convinced of something, he’ll move right into action. Jin isn’t the type to argue in the first place, so he’s repenting on getting a little overheated. Good, common theme of shounen manga… the need to apologize appropriately.
⚡ The group fights at the top of Chaos Tower, at Lost World Stadium and Ruin of Heavens Diorama. Fran’s mothership is called Flau a Notorious フラウ・ア・ノートリアス.
⚡ The flower that Fran holds at the beginning of the movie is the flower that her parents gave her for her birthday present.
⚡ Fran, Asta and San’s name motifs are flower, earth, and sun respectively. The director depicts in his image that the three of them met at the research lab, and that Asta and San helped her out in the beginning. They all grew attached to each other and Fran became set on doing something to help them all out.
⚡ Within the mess of everyone arguing with each other, Yuuya’s the only one apologizing for things. XD “Yuuya’s a gentle kid, and it’s probably especially because it’s Jin. When Jin says ‘Be careful!’ Yuuya has nothing except to say ‘I’m sorry’ (lol)”
⚡ There were several ideas of how to perform God Hand W, particularly where to put the LBXs. Put them in front of the hands, put them behind the hands to push them, put them between the fingers (lol).
Questions for Music staff:
1. What kind of image does the music from Inadan present?
2. How was a collaboration between Inazuma Eleven’s Mitsuda-san and Danball Senki’s Kondou-san accomplished?
3. What kind of orders were given from the staff, such as Director Miyao?
4. What areas did you focus on when creating the music?
5. Tell us the music highlight points of the movie.
6. Any additional comments about the movie
Mitsuda Yoshinori (Music) interview
1. The themes for the music this time were “sorrow” and “friendship”. Fran’s sorrowful past is purified by the power of friendship.
2. Mitsuda and Kondou mixed the music together for the 5.1ch movie sound. They discussed ways to make the music flow between the scenes seamlessly.
3. There were some initial meetings with Director Miyao and Sound Director Mima. The purpose of the movie was to give the fans something memorable with so many characters from the original Inazuma Eleven, Inazuma Eleven GO, and Danball Senki W characters. They took very careful notice of the flow of the music and when each piece came in, as well as the theme with Fran.
4. They weren’t given many specific directions on certain pieces, but even then they would take all the time they had to go over the arrangements and discuss things with each other about how they wanted to start and end things.
5. The movie was about 1hr30min while there is 1hr15min of music. Since there is music for almost the entire movie, it is a very engrossing musical experience. Since there aren’t other opportunities to hear Inazuma Eleven and Danball Senki music together, please pay careful attention to it!
6. “It’s a very passionate movie (lol). But I was especially touched by the way Tenma, Ban, and Hiro cooperated with each other to accomplish their goal. You can feel a lot of friendship out of this movie. It makes you feel really refreshed afterwards, and I hope a lot of people get to see it.”
Kondou Rei (Music) interview
1. Instead of “adding Inazuma Eleven GO and Danball Senki W together and then splitting them in half” Kondou took it as a way to simply bring out the best of Danball Senki W as a part of their team.
2. First, they checked the music menu with Director Miyao, Sound Director Mima Masafumi and Mitsuda. Mitsuda did the leading during orchestra recording and as they worked together to do trackdowns.
3. At the first meeting, existing pieces from both series were brought to the table, and Director Miyao and Mima were able to select pieces right away to fight the image of the movie. For new tracks, Kondou was given light directions on the emotional and tension level, and he had the freedom to compose the rest to his will.
4. Kondou went into the piece with having Mitsuda’s music as the main base while letting his own music in for the ride. He put special effort into putting the flavor into the Danball Senki and Inazuma Eleven series individually, while pleasing both sides of fans. He also enjoyed mixing the pieces he had already done into the full scale 5.1 surround sound fit for a movie.
5. Near the end of the movie, there’s a scene where Tenma and Ban’s group clash their passionate feelings with Fran about the future of the world. The piece here “Tamashii no Gekitotsu” (Clash of Souls, a piece composed for the movie) expressions those feelings. The bonds between friends, Asta and San’s wrath, sorrow. All of it is involved in the piece.
The piece “Kanashimi wo Yasashisa ni Kakonde” (Envelop Sorrow in Kindness) is also used at an important part in Danball Senki W. Mitsuda proposed to use this piece, and at a rush request they were able to get a new live recording. They were already busy with the score at the time, but the feelings of the staff and performers were all involved with it, and it turned out really nice. The scene that goes with it is very touching.
6. “I think people can enjoy the collaboration between Inazuma Eleven GO and Danball Senki W as a story by itself, without feeling something wrong about the two worlds coming together. From the opening stadium scene to the LBXs launching out of the darkness, the movie is filled with scenes that’ll make you think ‘What’s going to happen next?’ with all of its powerful and new hissatsu techniques. I hope everyone gets to enjoy it on the big screen.
I personally love the final scene at the end roll, it brought me to tears. Even though they live in different worlds, they’ll never forget each other.”
TPK & Little Blue boX comments, New Years greeting
Animage December 2012: InaDan Movie Intro Miyao Yoshikazu (Director) interview, w/ summaries
✿ When first told about the crossover, Miyao was quite surprised as he never expected it to actually happen. The preliminary plans for the movie were done around March, and that’s when he was called in.
✿ Elements they wanted in the movie were first proposed, followed by which order they would come into play and prioritizing them. What Miyao wanted to bring in top priority was “what exactly unified both worlds to accomplish something”.
✿ When asked why Tenma and the others are playing soccer, and if it’s because it happens after the ban on soccer is lifted… Miyao confirms that the Inazuma GO and Danball Senki W in this movie are NOT directly linked with their TV series and should be treated as parallel worlds.
✿ Miyao personally requested Tsunami to be in the New Alumni Inazuma Japan team that’s in the movie. He even wanted Tsunami in the Gryphon movie too but it didn’t happen.
Prince Animage Autumn 2012: Kirino/Kariya+Aliea+One-eyed – Kobayashi Yuu (Kirino Ranmaru) & Tai Yuuki (Kariya Masaki) interview, Aliea Arc character interviews, One-eye character interviews no summary
Poster (those without access will not see the image):
Kobayashi Yuu (Kirino Ranmaru) & Tai Yuuki (Kariya Masaki) interview
✿ Interviewer notes that Shindou never finds out about Kirino’s feelings about falling behind, and Tai Yuuki adds that Shindou never realized that Kariya was bullying him either. Interviewer asks if Kobayashi wants to punch Shindou because of it, and Kobayashi goes “No way!”
✿ They continue on the subject, Kobayashi notes that “not noticing” is just another show of Kirino and Shindou’s close friendship. Shindou never finding out about Kirino’s feelings about falling behind was intentional on Kirino’s part, since Kirino didn’t want to burden Shindou with his feelings in that way.
Aliea Arc character interviews:
Kodaira Yuuki (Reize)
Hikida Takashi (Desarm)
Furushima Kiyotaka (Burn)
Takimoto Fujiko (Gazel)
Mizushima Takahiro (Gran)
✿ The picture of the five Aliea seiyuu is made to match the pose from the poster to the left of it, except instead of Aphrodi’s seiyuu, Hikida Takashi (Desarm) is in the position.
✿ Furushima notices that Midorikawa calls out “Burn!” without any honorifics, unlike “Saginuma Osamu-san”, and thus goes “I’m shocked that even the Second Rank would call his actual name without honorifics”
✿ Talks of Aliea if they were a family. Hiroto would be the oldest sibling, followed by Haruya, Suzuno, and finally Midorikawa. Saginuma would be the daddy…
✿ Talks of Midorikawa being the “runt” of the family, even though he was taller than Hiroto at first. 10 Years later Hiroto is taller than Midorikawa, however.
Might do some more summary, might not. XD;
Animage October 2012
Highlight: Kirino’s Turn – Kobayashi Yuu (Kirino Ranmaru) & Tai Yuuki (Kariya Masaki) interview no summary
In the 4koma by Fukuyama Keiko (last scan), Kariya tries to use Avatar Armed on the LBXs but finds them too small, and then tries to use Hunter Net to stop them, except his net is too big. 😛